Saturday, October 25, 2008

Interview

I agonized over what to wear...how formal of clothes do you wear to an important interview for a very crunchy type group? I decided on a nice blouse and jacket with brown slacks. It was perfect; my recruiter was in a simple sweater and skirt. I love the professional relaxedness of the Peace Corps!

The interview itself was surprisingly easy. We just chatted a long while about how and when and where I could go- a little tricky because of graduation, etc. There's a chance I could go for the China program. Usually, they just slot you for a region, but with China, South Africa, Paraguay, and Mongolia, they put you on country tracks. The China program sounds perfect, but it leaves the first week of June. Commencement is June 4th. That could be a problem...

The other interview was just basic questions: Why do you want to do the Peace Corps? Are you worried about food? Housing? Are you romantically involved? How will that affect you? Etc.

J (recruiter) was friendly and easy going. She ended up the interview by saying that she planned to nominate me that afternoon! I was expecting a bit of delay, at least, but I guess not! Yay!

No comments: