Monday, June 29, 2009

The Journey Begins...

I'm off! We've been in the air about half an hour. My flight was delayed for thirty minutes because mechanics had to go aboard to reconnect the tubing to the oxygen tanks. I always find it particularly comforting when they have to perform unschedueld maintenance just before I board a plane. The good thing is they've sped up the plane so the flight time is 4.5 hours instead of 5 hours and change.

It's actually been a little bit of a disappointing experience, the first I've had with this airline. The in-flight entertainment system, including reading lights, flight attendant call buttons, tv screens, GoGo, and radio, are all broken. Also, the reading lights turn on and off randomly which wakes up the two year old in arms sitting next to me. She and her mom are nice, and the mom is smart--she gave the kid some travel medicine to make her sleep most of the way there!

We should be landing in about three and a half hours now, so I'll hopefully be off to the hotel and checked in with a tiny bit of time to do some sight seeing before registration.

No comments: