Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chengdu video and Reading Period

Here is a great video about the continuing aftermath of the Sichuan earthquake, one year later. It follows two musicians who travel to a school for students relocated away from their families after their schools were destroyed. They recorded the students' songs then visited their families and showed them. There is some footage of Chengdu, where I'll be training in a little over a month (!). Also, it was cool to hear the language as its spoken there- the accent was pretty intelligible to me, which is heartening.
Afterquake

I'm currently in the throes of my last reading and exam period ever. Here is my anthem for this reading period. Jon Schmidt

1 comment:

Kacie said...

Hey Ginger!
That video is AMAZING! Loved it so much I bought the iTunes. Lol :P
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your last month in the states! See you in SF!!!! :)